Monday, January 11, 2010

The Pride Is Overwhelming

While I don't expect my kids to always say and do the most intelligent things, there are still times that I get a little concerned by some of the phrases, questions, and as this picture indicates, behaviors, that come from their brains. Maybe it is because of the mind-numbingly cold weather, but this weekend seemed to produce an absurd amount of dumbness in our house.
  • "Oh, your eyes are shut. Are you sleeping or something?"
  • "Dang, there's chocolate on my sock."
  • "That's crazy. You're crazy, man."
  • "You said that? I thought you said this other thing. Why didn't you say that?"
  • "The water is kind of cold. Did you make the warm lower?"
  • "No, I don't want an M&M cookie, I want dessert. That's just a cookie."
  • "I already have some underwear, right here. See my butt?"
  • "Yep, I'm the givver-upper, and see me liking being done."
  • "Oooh, you got Funyuns. Gimme!"
  • "After this one more turn, I really have to pee, okay?"
  • "Are these cooked carrots? I only want cold carrots. Cooked carrots are ick."
  • "I'm never eating Old McDonald's. Those fries give me a stomach ache and make me fart."
  • "It's only a luck game anyway."
  • "No. Stop laughing. It's not awesomeness. It's good luck!"
  • "One of the requirements for the assignment is that you have to type it in English."
  • "No, I don't want those s'mores crackers. I want ones with chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers."
  • "Can I have too much sugar after breakfast?"
  • "Would swallowing a piece of ice help heartburn?"
I'm not going to indicate which kid said what phrase, because even if I did, you wouldn't believe me. After all, I'm having a hard time believing it myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

comments sound ALOT like Zoe!