- Hyper-competitive parents get on my nerves, but it's fun to see their kids glare at them when they're not looking.
- I don't like waiting for people.
- Red velvet cake batter looks a lot like tomato paste.
- Red food coloring in a white kitchen sink looks a lot like violence.
- Bartenders never give you a straight answer as far as when happy hour starts.
- A hungry five-year-old is not a pleasant person.
- Old dogs don't care if it's someone's birthday, and will still shit on the floor.
- No kid will ever turn down pancakes for dinner.
- If you're not a fan of Roger Federer, you're often disappointed.
- If you're a fan of Serena Williams, you may not be disappointed, but you're an idiot.
- Think twice before eating hummus at midnight.
- Dive bars aren't always quirky and fun. Sometimes they just suck, and are proof that natural selection has limitations.
- A grilled sausage tastes better in January than it does in June.
- Chlorine is a wonderful sleep-aid for children.
- Best friends that head to Mexico for a long weekend without offering to take you along have a lot of nerve.
- When the 13-year-old gives you a perfect "You're an idiot" look, it's kind of irritating, but it makes you kind of proud, too.
- I'm already sick of the ads for horrendous Valentine's Day gifts.
- Lady GaGa makes some questionable wardrobe choices.
- Most of the time, after looking at the high-maintenance, over-priced martini menu, I will end up ordering a beer.
- Since anger always motivates me to workout, choosing the treadmill in front of the TV that is broadcasting Fox News is a wise choice.
Monday, February 1, 2010
A Productive Weekend
Things that were confirmed over the weekend: