Thursday, October 15, 2009

4-Day Weekends

I remember looking forward to the MEA weekend with excitement; four days off, maybe a night or two at the Holiday Inn, a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and no homework. Now, as an adult, I find myself stuck in a house with a "wintry mix" falling outside, one kid crashed on the couch with a fever and a barking cough, another kid bitching because I'm making him go to his tennis lesson early, and trying to help the moody oldest child with a diorama for his science class.

Let's just say that if I hate "helping" with science projects more than stepping in a pile of dog shit, then the diorama is for sure the Great Dane of projects. Trying to illustrate a scene from a book using plastic army men, fishing line, and a boot box just doesn't seem like a great way to spend a day off from school. Locking the threekids in the super secret soundproof room in the basement while I eat Cheetos and watch a South Park marathon? Now that's more like it.

No comments: